Wiring an Electric Imp to OLED SSD1351

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lahtisarah

Wiring an Electric Imp to OLED SSD1351

Post by lahtisarah »

Hi! I am trying to successfully wire an OLED to an Electric Imp, like this, the idea being that the OLED is completely powered by the Imp, I guess that is possible? I couldn't find any demo online, (I checked youtube, hackster.io, Google, etc etc) for this particular OLED, so I started following this demo--

http://www.hackster.io/viccarre/electri ... scoreboard

However my ultimate goal is to have the imp change the picture or supershort video on the OLED when I tell it to at a distance using my iphone, not necessarily to update text as per the above demo, rather, more, to update images (or draw images mathematically)(probably just display them, perhaps from a folder of different ones that are on the OLED's SD card).

But basically I'm just looking to get this thing up and running, and wired correctly right now.
Can you help explain to me the exact wiring, using the total of 11 pins on the Imp's GPIO, and the total of 11 pins on the OLED? Any way to give me an exact picture of what gets hooked up where? (Again assuming I'm a pure beginner)

Thank you so much!

(PS I also have another post here that I'm still stuck on, and hoping to continue bouncing ideas off of one of you all :)
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=70733

Very Sincerely,
Sarah
Attachments
IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG (98.27 KiB) Viewed 366 times
IMG_4518.JPG
IMG_4518.JPG (112.69 KiB) Viewed 366 times
IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4514.JPG (93.92 KiB) Viewed 366 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Wiring an Electric Imp to OLED SSD1351

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You haven't soldered any of the header pins. It won't work without solder.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the electric imp. You'll have to discover which GPIO pins support SPI. You'll also need SPI driver software to run the oled.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”