Over charge protection

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cheeguan

Over charge protection

Post by cheeguan »

Do the USB/DC/Solar lithium Ion/Polymer charger - v2 have a charge protection? As i do not want to over charge my battery and if I charge 2 lithium Ion/Polymer battery will the LED indicator for "Done" indicate for both battery or just one?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Over charge protection

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The charger cycle will end when the cell reaches the full-charge voltage (4.2v).
and if I charge 2 lithium Ion/Polymer battery ...
The charger can only charge one cell at a time.

cheeguan

Post by cheeguan »

Thanks for the reply but is there anyway to charge 2 battery in this module or there a other module that can support it? And is there a way to check if your module do support over charge protection?

adafruit_support_bill

Charging cells in parallel is not recommended unless they are part of a factory matched and balanced battery pack.
And is there a way to check if your module do support over charge protection?
As I said in my previous post. The charge cycle ends when the cell reaches full charge voltage. That is the definition of over-charge protection.

cheeguan

Post by cheeguan »

adafruit_support_bill wrote:
As I said in my previous post. The charge cycle ends when the cell reaches full charge voltage. That is the definition of over-charge protection.
Iam trying to ask that is there a way to check if there a over charge protection on other adafruits module in their description or there is over charge protection for all the battery charging module as i would like to buy PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A - 1000C and VERTER 5V USB Buck-Boost - 500mA from 3V-5V / 1000ma from 5V-12V but i could not find in the description if it have the over charge protection......sorry iam still new to electronics.

adafruit_support_bill

All of our chargers have over-charge protection.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”