Multiple 16x32 RGB LED matrix panel

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ap14

Re: Multiple 16x32 RGB LED matrix panel

Post by ap14 »

pburgess wrote:If tiling multiple matrices, actually I'd suggest the Beaglebone Black, google 'round for a project called Octoscroller.
Thanks for the tip, I'm trying to figure out how to connect the matrix pins to the beaglebone, and the octoscroller project doesn't seem to have any information on how they made the connection between the beaglebone and the LED matrix. I found another project that uses a LOGI-Bone FPGA board to make the connection, but I don't have one of those and they aren't available for sale yet (recent kickstarter). Do you know of any resources I could use to figure out how to connect the 16 jumper wires to the beaglebone?

XW4

Post by XW4 »

Any news ap14? Iam intersting to drives 4 or 6 16x32 matrix :)

djdanielb

Post by djdanielb »

could someone update RGBmatrixPanel.ccp here modified for multiple board to use it on IDE 1.05 ?

If I try to compile this is the error

Code: Select all

C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In member function 'void RGBmatrixPanel::init(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)':
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:99: error: 'constructor' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:130: error: 'nPlanes' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In constructor 'RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)':
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:140: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()'
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\AdafruitGFXLibrarymaster/Adafruit_GFX.h:17: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int16_t, int16_t)
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\AdafruitGFXLibrarymaster/Adafruit_GFX.h:13: note:                 Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In constructor 'RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)':
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:148: error: no matching function for call to 'Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX()'
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\AdafruitGFXLibrarymaster/Adafruit_GFX.h:17: note: candidates are: Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(int16_t, int16_t)
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\AdafruitGFXLibrarymaster/Adafruit_GFX.h:13: note:                 Adafruit_GFX::Adafruit_GFX(const Adafruit_GFX&)
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RGBmatrixPanel::drawPixel(int16_t, int16_t, uint16_t)':
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:304: error: 'nPlanes' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In member function 'void RGBmatrixPanel::updateDisplay()':
C:\Users\daniele\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-r2\libraries\RGBmatrixPanelmaster\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:481: error: 'nPlanes' was not declared in this scope

djdanielb

Post by djdanielb »

I hope that hiduino help me

So I see your update for version 1.0.4
Now I'm using 1.0.5
I see that the error was created by

constructor ((32*nPanles), nRows * 2);

and you commented it to resolve

Now if I try to compile the error is

nPlans is not declared

So I tryed to add #define nPlans (4)

But now the error is
130: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment

Could you check it ?

Thank a lot

Daniele

wisou

Post by wisou »

Hello everyone:
I need help.
I'm trying to string two RGB matrix panel adafruit arduino mega 2560 and I failed.
I followed the directions of connection and I downloaded the updated github and I only get to repeat the same in both panels.
Sb could pass me a sample code displays strung 16x64 de2 (Medium 16x32 RGB LED matrix panel) with arduino mega 2560.
thank you very much.

djdanielb

Post by djdanielb »

Usa the ecample in the github library. Set at the start if code the number of display

wisou

Post by wisou »

Sorry.
I do not understand your reference to the example code.
I intend to string two modules matrx rgb and convert ea 16x32 16x64, my problem is as indicated in the code, you select me as one of two panels 16x64 with a arduino mega.
Everything turns me well and just repeating the same thing on both screens rather complement one just for that bigger screen.
I need information on how to lead the sckech to accomplish this.

a Hug
and best regards from the Canary Islands.

appie21

Post by appie21 »

hiduino wrote:No, just the RGBmatrixPanel.cpp file update. I have a slightly updated file attached.

You need to make sure you are cascading the panels correctly out --> in.
Hello

I know this is a old topic but If I use your file I get the following error

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 8.1), Board:"Arduino Uno"

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:95:6: error: prototype for 'void RGBmatrixPanel::init(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)' does not match any in class 'RGBmatrixPanel'

void RGBmatrixPanel::init(uint8_t rows, uint8_t a, uint8_t b, uint8_t c,

^

In file included from C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:28:0:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.h:45:8: error: candidate is: void RGBmatrixPanel::init(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean, uint8_t)

void init(uint8_t rows, uint8_t a, uint8_t b, uint8_t c,

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In constructor 'RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)':

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:143:41: error: no matching function for call to 'RGBmatrixPanel::init(int, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, uint8_t&, boolean&)'

init(8, a, b, c, sclk, latch, oe, dbuf);

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:143:41: note: candidate is:

In file included from C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:28:0:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.h:45:8: note: void RGBmatrixPanel::init(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean, uint8_t)

void init(uint8_t rows, uint8_t a, uint8_t b, uint8_t c,

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.h:45:8: note:   candidate expects 9 arguments, 8 provided

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: At global scope:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:147:1: error: prototype for 'RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)' does not match any in class 'RGBmatrixPanel'

RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.h:9:7: error: candidates are: RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(const RGBmatrixPanel&)

class RGBmatrixPanel : public Adafruit_GFX {

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.h:18:3: error:                 RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean, uint8_t)

RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t a, uint8_t b, uint8_t c, uint8_t d,

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:138:1: error:                 RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t, boolean)

RGBmatrixPanel::RGBmatrixPanel(

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In member function 'virtual void RGBmatrixPanel::drawPixel(int16_t, int16_t, uint16_t)':

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:306:16: error: 'nPlanes' was not declared in this scope

limit = 1 << nPlanes;

^

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp: In member function 'void RGBmatrixPanel::updateDisplay()':

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB-matrix-Panel-master\RGBmatrixPanel.cpp:483:17: error: 'nPlanes' was not declared in this scope

if(++plane >= nPlanes) {      // Advance plane counter.  Maxed out?

^

Fout bij compileren.

Dit rapport zou meer informatie hebben met
  "Tijdens de compilatie uitgebreide uitvoer weergeven"
  ingeschakeld in Bestand > Voorkeuren.

Can you helpmeto get my 2 16 x 32 leds Working well?

fadimore

Post by fadimore »

I have 16*32 led matrix, i want to scroll text from top to down , or from left to write,i want to write text and stop scrolling, i want to do many layers, can you help me in that way.

KaneAtHEAT

Post by KaneAtHEAT »

Hello, I was wondering if I could get a detailed how to do, on this please and thank you.

appie21

Post by appie21 »

KaneAtHEAT wrote:Hello, I was wondering if I could get a detailed how to do, on this please and thank you.
Hi use Arduino ide 1.6.5 and use my File
it is for 2 boards

If it not works install arduino 1.0.4(watchout where your library folder is!!

And I use :

#define CLK 11  // MUST be on PORTB! (Use pin 11 on Mega)
#define LAT 10
#define OE  9
#define A   A0
#define B   A1
#define C   A2
#define NUMDISPLAYS 2
#define DOUBLEBUFFER false
RGBmatrixPanel matrix(A, B, C, CLK, LAT, OE, DOUBLEBUFFER, NUMDISPLAYS);
Attachments
RGBmatrixPanel.cpp
(24.62 KiB) Downloaded 389 times

KaneAtHEAT

Post by KaneAtHEAT »

OH MY GOD thank you so much! This helped me out a lot.

KaneAtHEAT

Post by KaneAtHEAT »

Ok, unfortunately I am still having trouble with this, so could I please get a picture of all the code to make two 16X32 panels work together please and thank you. And if anyone knows how to make your own scrolling text files for these panels could you help me with that.

KaneAtHEAT

Post by KaneAtHEAT »

Ok, unfortunately I am still having trouble with this, so could I please get a picture of all the code to make two 16X32 panels work together please and thank you. And if anyone knows how to make your own scrolling text files for these panels could you help me with that.

fadimore

Post by fadimore »

i try this code with ardunio uno , i install ardunio 1.0.4,and load this code after i upload your file, it is work without errors,but the example srcolling text do not work , i see only colors dot, on one screen and the other was black.
#define CLK 11 // MUST be on PORTB! (Use pin 11 on Mega)
#define LAT 10
i use clk 8
lat A3
Global variables use 309 bytes (15%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,739 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”