FPGA 16x32 RGB Tutorial - Processing issue

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tdg8934

FPGA 16x32 RGB Tutorial - Processing issue

Post by tdg8934 »

I bought the Adafruit FPGA (never used before) and 16x32 RGB display (used with Arduino and Propeller) and followed the Adafruit posted FPGA tutorial closely and got to the end where I had to run the CHASER and MAGNIFY Processor scripts and it came to the Library import commands and stopped. I have never used Processing before but have used the Arduino IDE so it looked similar.

It stops at Import processing.net*

with an error: Expecting EOF, found 'import'

How can I get past this to run my 16x32 RGB display on my FPGA?
Processing.jpg
Processing.jpg (556.99 KiB) Viewed 935 times

adafruit

Re: FPGA 16x32 RGB Tutorial - Processing issue

Post by adafruit »

what happens when you select the Chaser tab?

tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

I run either the Chaser or Magnify Processor and get the same error. If I comment out either of the 2 Library calls, it contiues but stops later in the programs because it needs some from the Library's. I don't think I have these Library's from a default installation of Processing and perhaps are missing.

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Try download the Processing 1.5.1 stable release, see if that helps. 2.0 changes a lot of stuff, and is still in the late beta stage.

tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

Thanks it worked under Processing 1.5.1 Stable release but not under 2.0b6.

Should be noted. Also brought ground line out from 16x32 display to FPGA ground that I didn't see noted.

The Chaser didn't do much other than as a test run through some RGB individual LEDs moving across the display. The Magnifyer program was pretty cool. Anything I brought the mouse over on Windows, was displayed brightly and large like on the 16x32 display. I would have liked to have seen some of the videos as a Processor program to run.

Overall - very tricky to set up But I did it! Now comes the hard part of going through the FPGA and seeing what was done to do something different. Going to be a challange but the FPGA is much faster than the Arduino.

Thanks for everyone's help!

I have a second 16x32 display ordered and on it's way from Adafruit!

Tim

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”