Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

ST7565R Dim Pixels
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

ST7565R Dim Pixels

by asleepinverona on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 am

Hi all!

This might be a long shot, but I'm sure someone out there on this forum has seen the issue I'm having.

I'm working with a display that uses an ST7565R controller (not an Adafruit product, but it uses a similar LCD controller nonetheless). I tried to get support through their forums but it doesn't seem to be as active as this one.

I am trying to write larger letters via an FPGA, but when I try to make some different letters that use a lot of pixels in the same line, those pixels appear dim. Please see the attached picture for a much better description.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this kind of issue. I have plenty of power from my power supply available and all of the circuitry to boost the supply voltage is working fine. I have also tried a lot of different resistor ratio and volume settings to see if I could change the contrast. The contrast does change, but that does not create the same "darkness" for all of the pixels.

I am going to take a step back and try using the display on an Arduino just to see if it works properly with all of the examples there. That should let me know if I I have a damaged display and if I'm missing something in the commands of the display.

Thanks!
Attachments
dim_pixels_center.png
dim_pixels_center.png (192.98 KiB) Viewed 414 times
asleepinverona