Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Which LCD panels work with backpack
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Which LCD panels work with backpack

by Armadus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello,

First, thanks for having this forum. Second, I'm pretty ignorant so please forgive any stupid questions. I'd like to add a display to the project I am working on (using an Arduino Mega). I'm thinking about the 20x4 lcd with backpack. As I understand it, the backpack requires two pins, would any two analog/digital pins work? Will I run into any issues using it and the Ethernet Shield? Also, I couldn't find a link to the library for the backpack. Could you kindly point me to it?

Thanks!
Armadus

Re: Which LCD panels work with backpack

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 am

We have 2 backpacks that will work in that configuration:
The original SPI/I2C backpack uses analog pins 4 & 5 and can share these with other I2C devices. The library link is on the "Downloads" page of the tutorial.

The USB/Serial backpack can use any 2 pins and also supports the RGB backlit versions of the display. There is a "Command Reference" section on the tutorial page.
http://www.adafruit.com/products/782

adafruit_support_bill