Program AmbiBox for Adalight (for Windows users only). Updat

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
demmax2004

Re: Program AmbiBox for Adalight (for Windows users only). Updated 27.01.2013

Post by demmax2004 »

New AmbiBox 2.1.2 released
Powerful wizard zones.

Features of wizard video: HERE

illiac4

Re: Program AmbiBox for Adalight (for Windows users only). Updated 02.03.2013

Post by illiac4 »

It works great.
I have observed the CPU usage and it seems to be the lowest if using PlayClaw for the method of screen capture.
And now there is a problem.
To use PlayClaw as screen capture on regular desktop (win7) i have to tick 'Record only desktop (WDM) with Desktop profile' in PlayClew.

But when i start a game then the ambilight reflects just the background of desktop and not the actual game. So to use the PlayClew on desktop and in game i have to manually switch the option 'Record only desktop (WDM) with Desktop profile' every time i go in game (untick this option) and when i am back on desktop (select the option again).
Is there some workaround of this?

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

Is there some workaround of this?
I suggest the developer PlayClaw, implemented through the profile.
We can only wait :(

nycolaz

Post by nycolaz »

Hello,
I use ambibox a few days now. It's great but I'm wondering if there is a way to configure it to watch 3D movies ("side by side" and "top and bottom" formats). Another question: what are the exact functions of the "sensitivity" and "dynamics" sliders? Thxs for your replies.

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

nycolaz wrote:Hello,
I use ambibox a few days now. It's great but I'm wondering if there is a way to configure it to watch 3D movies ("side by side" and "top and bottom" formats). Another question: what are the exact functions of the "sensitivity" and "dynamics" sliders? Thxs for your replies.
For 3D see post №18
"sensitivity" - if (Zone_RGB < sensitivity) then RGB = 0, else Zone_RGB

"dynamics" - if (New_zone_RGB - Old_zone_RGB) > dynamics then Zone_RGB = New_zone_RGB, else Zone_RGB = Old_zone_RGB

nycolaz

Post by nycolaz »

Thank you.
For 3D, i've read the post but still don't know what to do... Sorry

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

Everything is clearly written, if not do not understand, write to the author of the post.

nycolaz

Post by nycolaz »

Sorry, it seems I haven't read the good post... I can't find it. I must be stupid! Where is it? Is it in page 2 about cutout? Could you quote the text please?

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

nycolaz wrote:Sorry, it seems I haven't read the good post... I can't find it. I must be stupid! Where is it? Is it in page 2 about cutout? Could you quote the text please?
Post №18 (by Bavilo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm)
Bavilo wrote:I have finally finished my project and I hope that my results will be an inspiration for those who are still thinking about attempting or are having difficulties with this.

I have to say that, at first all of this sounded a lot harder than it actually is. The problem is that there are a lot of deprecated methods still being brought up which causes a lot of headache and confusion. Thanks for Ambibox (Probably THE best screen capture for Ambilighting). Without it, I would probably still try to setup all my zones in Processing only to become disappointed by the results.

Here is my current setup:

55" LG 3D TV
100 bullet type WS2801 LEDs
Arduino Uno R3 running Adalight
Ambibox v2.1.0 + Playclaw 4 to capture video players, games, etc.
XBMC for normal Videos
KMPlayer for 3D Videos

Total cost to get everything working was around 120 Euros.

Connecting the LEDs to the Arduino was a breeze. Supplying enough power for 100 LEDs was not a problem thanks to the 5v 10A Power Supply. Uploading the necessary sketches to the Arduino and running the first test pattern worked "right out of the box". The most frustrating and head ache causing part was the screen capturing software...

Processing - Old and deprecated, you have to define each zone using x and y coordinates. You have little to no control over color, gamma, etc. It is also one of the slowest screen capturing software out there.

Atmolight - This one has given me the most head aches for sure... The sketches needed for this just didn't want to upload to the Arduino Uno. I can't say if the software itself is any good since I was not able to test it.

Lightpack (now Prismatik) - Very good software, lots of options, and great compatibility. Only problem...setting up the zones. If the zone calculator wasn't this weak, this would have been a good choice.

Ambibox - Much like Prismatik but this time...everything is working the way it should! Individual color adjustments for each zone, great zone wizard, just awesome. User demmax2004 was kind enough to iron out any issues I had in getting Ambibox up and running and I would like to thank him for that. Thanks to him, I now have a ambilight setup that I could have only dreamed of!

In order to show you my satisfaction, I have prepared a short video and a few pictures of my current setup!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Youtube Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_icyqHsk0M

Good luck!

nycolaz

Post by nycolaz »

Well, i've read the good post! But still don't know what to do... Is kmplayer the solution to my problem? If you have a step by step tutorial, I would be happy to read it! If not, i would try to contact Bavilo. Thanks again for your availibility.

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

i would try to contact Bavilo.
Send them a private message through the forum or google account.

Kaiger

Post by Kaiger »

Could someone please post exactly how to use PlayClaw 4 with Ambibox to properly capture full-screen Windows Media Center on Windows 7 64? When I select PlayClaw as the input for Ambibox, I can't get my LEDs to light at all. When I select any other input, they work great as long as the video window is not full screen. It sounds like people have overcome this in this thread, but I can't find any clear instructions how. I only have the trial version of PlayClaw right now. Does that make it not work?
Thanks

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

what version of PlayClaw???

Kaiger

Post by Kaiger »

I'm using the latest version of AmbiBox and whatever version of PlayClaw 4 it downloads during installation. I just need help with the settings for both. Do I need to constantly "video capture" from PlayClaw?

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

what version of PlayClaw (build) ???
Send me AmbiBox log file.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”