Program AmbiBox for Adalight (for Windows users only). Updat

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mirac

Re: Program AmbiBox for Adalight (for Windows users only). U

Post by Mirac »

Hi,

i just wonder if anybody have a problem with web access in last version? In previous version everything works great, now when i want to access over the web my ambibox crashes.

M.

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

where Ambibox.log ????
If not created, add read/write/all privilegies for a AmbiBox folder

Mirac

Post by Mirac »

Here is the log with critical errors, but don't see nothing. I start loging, try to connect and ambibox crashed.
Do you need one with details?

M,

EDIT- i delete a few profiles and now it's working normal. Is there any limitation?
Attachments
AmbiBox.log
(4.82 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

demmax2004

Post by demmax2004 »

Write me to e-mail.

scorpie

Post by scorpie »

My harddisc crashed and the ambibox site is down, does someone has the last version of ambibox for me

sepian

Post by sepian »

Hi Guys,

I have a problem since a few days with my Ambibox setup. I am using an Arduino uno with a WS2801 50 LEDs strand. I use LEDstream to drive the LEDs.

Everything was working fine for several month now. However a few days ago the capture slowed down severely and got very choppy.
There is a delay of around half a second to a second till the LEDs update.
I didn't change anything to my system lately, anyone has an idea what it could be?

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

Hey everyone,

I have purchased an Intel NUC with the 2820 Celeron Processor and want to use this as my new HTPC.
I can play 1080p High Bitrate movies at 24p perfectly smooth. I am using MPC-HC with the madvr renderer.

But as soon as I open Ambibox and turn on the LEDs and start grabbing with Playclaw. MPC-HC starts to drop frames and the movie becomes unwatchable. Everything is now choppy.

What could be the reason for this?

EDIT: The XBMC Grabber will not cause the frames to drop. But the LEDs are anything but smooth using the XBMC Grabber. I would prefer to use PlayClaw.

Thanks!

Mirac

Post by Mirac »

Bavilo wrote:Hey everyone,

EDIT: The XBMC Grabber will not cause the frames to drop. But the LEDs are anything but smooth using the XBMC Grabber. I would prefer to use PlayClaw.

Thanks!
Hi Bavilo,

don't have any suggestions, but please report your experience cause i want the get some of this cute NUC's..

M.

Bavilo

Post by Bavilo »

Well i returned the 2820 version of the NUC. PlayClaw was killing it.

Mirac

Post by Mirac »

TNX on info..bad news :(

brutuss

Post by brutuss »

Hi There,

I had bought a new monitor for my computer so I am looking for some new leds to attach to my screen (WS2812)
When looking at the website of adafruit i saw this link about DotStars: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-dotstar-leds

I almost placed an order but when I check amibox I see that when in adalight mode I can select only 300 zones.
I calculated that I need 340 leds on my screen only and 140 leds in my computer. So that would be a total of 480 leds ;)
Is this possible with Ambibox Or do I need to downgrade to 60 leds per meter. Then my total would be 205 leds.

Thanks already for the answer.

-dus-

Post by -dus- »

Hi,

I have been using ambibox 2.1.5 with XBMC Gotham on my HTCP which was working perfectly. However, I have updated to 2.1.7, and now that auto profile switching based on aspect ration doesn't work anymore, XBMC doesn't give a message with the active profile. So it will always kep the default profile.

I have troed updating a XBMC addon, but there wasn't an update available. I also tried uninstalling 2.1.7 and re-install 2.1.5, but that also didn't solve it. I then upgraded XBMC to Kodi and downloaded the Kodi script that is available, but still no profile switching.

So the upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.1.7 seems to be the cause. Any idea what this could be? or how to solve it?

Thanks.

tonycmoi

Post by tonycmoi »

Hello !

i'm a very satisfied user of Ambibox, but i've one issue : the web control.
I activated it, but when i go on my ip:port , it tells me "Error 404: Not Found , File not found" . Do you have any idea ?

THanks !

Anthony

fightforlife

Post by fightforlife »

Hey there,

I am using Ambibox for quite a while now and its working just perfectly!
My setup consists of a windows maschine running ambibox. This is connected to an Arduino Nano with a strand of 50 12mm LEDs with WS2811 controller. For the sketch i am using the newest FastLED library. If any one is interested, here is the code: http://BANNED.com/PjTAnKe0 (Baudrate is raised to 500000)

Now to my question:
I just got a Amazon Fire TV on which I installed Kodi with the Ambibox plugin, so Kodi can talk with the Ambibox API Server on my windows maschine. But for that, my power hungry pc alsways has to run, which isnt really necassary i think.

Wouldnt it be possible to create an API-Server for a Raspberry Pi (or something similiar)? So any device which wants to use the Ambilight could talk to the raspberry over the API-Interface. Even the Windows-Client?

Please tell me what you guys think! Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”