Graphics Test

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
whitehorsehawk

Graphics Test

Post by whitehorsehawk »

I am trying to run my 2.8"TFT Breakout board for the first time. The Graphics Test.PDE doesn't want to compile for me. It gives me the following messages:

GraphicsTest.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
GraphicsTest:55: error: 'PSTR' was not declared in this scope
GraphicsTest.cpp: In function 'void progmemPrint(const char*)':
GraphicsTest:452: error: 'pgm_read_byte' was not declared in this scope

PSTR and pgm_read_byte are functions in the pgmspace.h. It is called with #include <avr\pgmspace> in the Adafruit_GFX.cpp and Adafruit_TFTLCD.cpp.

I left the #define USE_ADAFRUIT_SHIELD_PINOUT commented out in the Adafruit_TFTLCD.h like I am suppose to for my breakout board.

No sure why it can't find pgmspace.h. Please help. Thanks.

pburgess

Re: Graphics Test

Post by pburgess »

Is this with an Arduino Due?

whitehorsehawk

Post by whitehorsehawk »

No, ATMega168.

Board is correct. Com port is correct.

whitehorsehawk

Post by whitehorsehawk »

my path is .../arduino-0022/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h

whitehorsehawk

Post by whitehorsehawk »

my path is .../arduino-0022/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Away from computer at the moment. A couple things to try in the interim...

- Try including avr/pgmspace in the test sketch itself. Even if the functions aren't used there. Seem to recall something with include paths in Arduino.

- Try newer release of Arduino IDE. 0022 is somewhat "vintage."

KippyG

Post by KippyG »

I'm having a similar issue - but different. My compile errors are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In constructor 'RobotControl::RobotControl()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'LCD_CS' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'DC_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:8: error: 'RST_LCD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp: In member function 'void RobotControl::begin()':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXA' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXB' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXC' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:18: error: 'MUXD' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:19: error: 'MUX_IN' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:22: error: 'BUZZ' was not declared in this scope
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Robot_Control\ArduinoRobot.cpp:25: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

I followed the Tutorial instructions.

I am using an Ardiuno Uno

The Ardiuno software is rev 1.0.5

Any ideas? I'm anxious to play with this display :)

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Howdy,

This is a known glitch in the Arduino 1.0.5 IDE; it'll be fixed in a future release. In the meantime, a workaround is to download 1.0.4.

KippyG

Post by KippyG »

Thanks that solved my issue!

harshssd

Post by harshssd »

Hello,

Can I please know the procedure to connect TFT to Intel BANNED or any other Arduino board?? As long as I am trying, it is giving the error that some or the other library is missing. Currently it is showing the following error if I try to run a sample program.

tftpaint1.ino: In function 'void progmemPrint(const char*)':
tftpaint1.ino:179:32: error: 'pgm_read_byte' was not declared in this scope

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If you're using the 2.8" TFT breakout, the tutorial showing how to make it work is here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-d ... reakout-v2

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”