Graphic ST7565 Negative LCD 128x64, making an animated bitmap

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nimanamjouyan

Graphic ST7565 Negative LCD 128x64, making an animated bitmap

Post by nimanamjouyan »

Hi everyone,

Does anybody have any ideas how to use ST7565 library to animate bitmaps? I had a look at the example file that came with the library, but I could not figure it out and customize my own. Any help, hints or guidance is really appreciated.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Graphic ST7565 Negative LCD 128x64, making an animated bitmap

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The example code 'animates' a bitmap by drawing it over and over again in different locations. Is that what you want to do?

If you've trying to something more like an animated gif, then you need to have multiple bitmaps, one for each frame in the animation. You draw the bitmaps in sequence to produce the animation effect.

nimanamjouyan

Post by nimanamjouyan »

sounds reasonable. I will have a go at it and let you know.

nimanamjouyan

Post by nimanamjouyan »

I managed to get my head around how to use bitmaps, but I don't quite understand, how in that "testbitmap" function the motion of the code is achieved. Even though it is clearly commented that which part of the code makes it move, I cant see how this is achieved.Let's say I have a 16x16 bitmap square block, how can i make it go from the very left hand-side of the screen to the right hand-side?

I also came up with an idea, but wasn't sure how to go about doing it. I want to draw a circle (which I can manage) and put 2x2 bitmap squares at 45 degree intervals around it ( I can make the squares easily). Is there a way to combine the draw bitmap function and draw circle function to achieve this?

I would appreciate any help or hint.

Cheers!!! :D

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Just call drawBitmap first, then call drawCircle. Draw circle won't erase the bitmap.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”