SSD1351 + GFX libraries = no font display?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
akamediasystem

SSD1351 + GFX libraries = no font display?

Post by akamediasystem »

Hi, I'm trying to get the SSD1351 library working, and am having trouble understanding one behavior:

I'm on a Duemilanove (with a '328) and am able to load the "test" program in the examples folder. However, I can't get it to display any characters: when the test program gets to the "testdrawtext" and "tftPrintTest" parts, the screen just remains blank.

I'm not sure what could be going wrong, but I noticed that both the SSD1351 library and Adafruit_GFX each include a version of glcdfont.c - could the duplicates be interfering somehow?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

AKA

adafruit_support_rick

Re: SSD1351 + GFX libraries = no font display?

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

The test program works for me. Not sure what to tell you. Make sure you have the libraries loaded in the correct location - both Adafruit_GFX and Adafruit_SSD1351 should be in your sketchbook libraries folder, not in the arduino libraries folder.

akamediasystem

Post by akamediasystem »

Thanks for the reply! The libraries are indeed in my sketchbook's libraries folder.

I was able to solve the issue by removing all references to glcdfont.c from the Adafruit_SSD1351 library, including the file itself...

AKA

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Very strange. I didn't have to do that. That library has been published for a long time - I've never heard of this issue before...
But, whatever works! :wink:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”