10.1" monitor (1694)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ninetynein

10.1" monitor (1694)

Post by ninetynein »

Hey Folks,

Is there a protective cover on the monitor when you get it? I hope so, because there's a huge bubble on my screen. I've squeegeed it out a couple of times, but it keeps reappearing. I haven't had the nerve to attempt to peel anything off. Also, you might want to think about how you pack them. One of the (incredibly thin!) mounting tabs was broke off when it arrived.

Beautiful little monitor, aside from those minor issues.

Thanks,
Tyson

adafruit_support_rick

Re: 10.1" monitor (1694)

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

You can go ahead and peel the protective cover off.

ninetynein

Post by ninetynein »

Ok, so that is actually a protective cover and not some sort of baked in UV filter film or something else that's supposed to be there? Awesome! I'll try it tonight. I had sort of thought/hoped that's what it might be, but I've never seen a monitor with such a 'sticky' protector before. It looks more like car window tinting!

Thanks Rick.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

its a protective film - but its meant to be removed by laptop/tablet technicians, so there's no tab. you can use a piece of sticky tape and rub against a corner to create a tab, and then pull on it to peel it off if you cant use your fingernail

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”