RA8875 Driver Board for 40-pin TFT Touch Displays

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
garyvdg

RA8875 Driver Board for 40-pin TFT Touch Displays

Post by garyvdg »

Just received an RA8875 Driver Board and a 4.3" TFT Display and I have a few questions about wiring it up. I plan to use this with Arduino UNO or MEGA.

I am not clear about the backlighting wiring connection. On the back of the board it says, "Close 25 mA/100 mA jumpers for C.C". Do I have to (must I) use one or the other of these? Does it really need a separate (up to) 24V supply applied to the LITE pin (4th from left)?

Based on the Adafruit examples (e.g., buildtest), it looks like I would connect the board to an Arduino UNO as follows:
Pins 1 and 2, Vin and GND.
Pins 5, 6, 7 and 8 for SPI on UNO 13, 12, 11 and 10.
Pin 9 (RST) to UNO pin 9
Pin 11 (Int) to UNO Pin 3.

What about the Y+, Y-, X+ and X- pins? Do they connect to the UNO or are the X-Y positions on the touch pad read through the SPI software?

What is the WAIT pin for?

Lastly, do I connect the LITE pin to a voltage supply?

Thanks.

Don't need a full tutorial, but some additional info on the wiring for the board with Arduino UNO would be helpful.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: RA8875 Driver Board for 40-pin TFT Touch Displays

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Leave the jumper open
Don't connect LITE to anything
Don't connect WAIT to anything
Don'y connect X+,X-,Y+,Y- The touch events come through SPI

local_dani_21

Post by local_dani_21 »

I just wired up my 5" 800x480 TFT using the RA8875 an it all (including bitmaps) works well. I have an alike question as gary. What are the jumpers labeled «Close 25mA/100mA jumpers for C.C.» for? Is there any connection to maybe lighten the backlight up a little? I just realized that it is quite dim compared to the 3.5" TFT you sell as well.

Thanks, Dani

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

there's a constant current (C.C.) LED driver. by default we stick to safe 25mA. for 5", close the +25mA jumper as it looks best w/50mA draw!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”