Video wall display issues

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
OrionRaphael

Video wall display issues

Post by OrionRaphael »

Hello, I've put together an art project that has 6x 32x32 medium led panels with the linsn video wall sender/receiver card setup.
When I first plugged everything in it worked great and I was able to load the Adafruit RCG and CON files. Then things stopped working. I swapped out every cable involved, different planels, tried multiple computers, spoke with Linsn in China, researched online, and tried changing every setting I can find.

The issue is when I load the RCG file it loads the correct brightness/dithering/etc but screens are chopped into 4 sections. 2 showing video mirror, 2 blank. Without the RCG loaded mirroring works, but it's way dim and the dithering is off.

I'm at my wits end and hoping someone can shed some light on why this is happening so my project can go to BRC here in a couple days. Here are some pics of the panels in each state.
Attachments
Too dim.
Too dim.
IMG_20140816_222252.jpg (621.42 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Weird banding
Weird banding
IMG_20140816_222238.jpg (362.11 KiB) Viewed 303 times

wazou

Re: Video wall display issues

Post by wazou »

Hey !

I know this is an old post, therefore I hope the issue has been solved :)
But I have the exact same problem with my 32x32 matrix + linsn control cards.
Whenever I load a RCG file I got my display chopped into 2 section exactly like in your pictures. I've tried over and over to re-parameter my display setting but those damn black lines still there ! I know the LED are still working because with some settings I would suddenly have the whole screen lighting up !

Let me know if you did find a solution that would be very helpful !

andytyra

Re: Video wall display issues

Post by andytyra »

I got this whole thing working with 32x32 panels, but I needed a different rcg file provided by the manufacturer for my panels. They sent it over, I loaded it up, and it worked great thereafter.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”