Sharing some fun NeoPixel strip animation code

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fxmech

Sharing some fun NeoPixel strip animation code

Post by fxmech »

This is something I put together with help from this board's moderators so I thought I'd share it here.
This neat little program allows you to write neopixel strip animations which can all be played simultaneously on the same strip.
The animations can overlap if so desired, and can have their own unique values for speed, color, size, position on strip, etc!!
As far as I can tell there is no limit to how many simultaneous animations can play at once (other than memory limitations)
Whats cool is that it takes away the need to synchronize all of the animations to each other... each acts as its own program but runs simultaneously with the rest on the same arduino.... enjoy :)

...But please, if you come up with any ways of making the code better, or dream up new animations besides what I included please, please, please share them with me.... I'm trying to grow the animation library... included so far is a cylon effect, throbbing effect, and a chase effect.
Attachments
NeoPixel_Independent_Patterns.zip
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Sharing some fun NeoPixel strip animation code

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Nice! Well done!

Thanks for posting :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”