NTSC/PAL TFT 4.3 / 9VDC 1000mA problems

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tuctboh

NTSC/PAL TFT 4.3 / 9VDC 1000mA problems

Post by tuctboh »

Hi,

Ordered/received the 946 - NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 4.3" Diagonal and the 63 - 9VDC 100mA regulated switching power adapter.

I plug the adapter into the TFT, and I see nothing. I connect to multiple devices, I see nothing. I press, press and hold, multi press the 3 buttons on the back... Nothing. I don't have a meter to tell if the power adapter is working or not. Wondering where to go from here.

Thanks

adafruit_support_rick

Re: NTSC/PAL TFT 4.3 / 9VDC 1000mA problems

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

We can try replacing the power adapter. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement

tuctboh

Post by tuctboh »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:We can try replacing the power adapter. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement
Good news..... Got the replacement power supply
Bad news.... Still not working. so probably not the PS. Now what?

Thanks, Tuc

adafruit_support_rick

Well, I guess we replace the display.
Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement display

tuctboh

Post by tuctboh »

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Heres my current situation...

1) PS sent as RMA, works... but so did the old one. What do I do with it?
2) Screen sent as RMA works.... And the old one definitely didn't. What do I do with it?
3) I also think I realized another issue... I have 3 units... adafruit RPi B, adafruit RPi B+ and Banana Pi. I went to use product 1013 and it didn't work... So after reading the description 10 times and looking at the plug I realized I didn't see the word VIDEO anywhere. So, I'm thinking this is the wrong cable. I didn't see it when I went "Raspberry Pi/Cables", but in "Cables/AV" I see the 277. Should I be using this?

Thanks, Tuc

adafruit_support_rick

Questions 1 & 2:
Display them proudly? ;-) You can keep them.

Question 3:
The 277 should work, but the colors will be wrong. White is Left, Yellow is Right, and Red is Video on Pi Model B+

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”