HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack touch not working

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dustyrider99

HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack touch not working

Post by Dustyrider99 »

I received two days ago the HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack w/ touch. I have tested it on three RPi's, a Ubuntu laptop, a full size Windows 7 pc, and a Windows 8.1 pc. I also used several power supplies which should have more than enough amps to power the module.

The touch light blinks red constantly and touch will not work. It is detected by operating systems but will to react to touch event.
The display works fine except colors being wrong. I can work with this.

Any ideas or is touch not going to work, I suspect the latter but would rather fix this than return if possible.
Also would like an email which I could contact adafruit customer service in the case of this being unfixable.

Edit:
Finally making progress. Had to run AR1000 AR1100 Configuration Utility several times (like 20) before it recognized touch as USB mouse. Colors still screwed up (red is blue). I was running both this module and the RPi off USB hub with 2 amp power supply. I purchased a new power supply which applied 2 amps to just this module. Now colors are corect but mouse stopped working again. I bet if I run configuration again I will get the mouse again. I think running on low voltage may mess with memory on module. This thing is a real energy hog but I think I have it figured out. Seems to have problems with some 8 bit framebuffer programs I have written but I need to rewrite them in 16 bit to make them clearer any way.
Last edited by Dustyrider99 on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franklin97355

Re: HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack touch not working

Post by Franklin97355 »

Try the tests as recommended at the end of this thread http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=65700 And please don't post the same question in multiple threads it is not good forum use. If someone has an answer they will respond to your original thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”