LCD screen has no video output (blank screen)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
brooke89

LCD screen has no video output (blank screen)

Post by brooke89 »

I recently purchased the Adafruit 5" touch screen display for a Raspberry Pi project I'm working on. Today I hooked everything up. The LEDs are responsive and indicate everything is working except I'm left with a blank screen.

I have spent the past few hours searching through information online trying to figure out what the issue is. I was under the impression it was plug n play. I tried adding a couple of lines to the config.txt file of the OpenElec Operating System but no luck with that either.

I can't figure out if there is an extra step I need to take to make the screen display work? The screen came with no manual or setup instructions which is not helpful.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Franklin97355

Re: LCD screen has no video output (blank screen)

Post by Franklin97355 »

Which screen did you purchase? There are several models

brooke89

Post by brooke89 »

HDMI 4 PI: 5" DISPLAY W/TOUCH AND MINI DRIVER - 800X480 HDMI

brooke89

Post by brooke89 »

Bump, please help. This is stalling a project which has been so much fun before this issue. Would really like to figure out what the problem is.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you followed the instructions here? https://learn.adafruit.com/hdmi-ubergui ... er-800x480 Post some pictures of your set up.

brooke89

Post by brooke89 »

franklin97355 wrote:Have you followed the instructions here? https://learn.adafruit.com/hdmi-ubergui ... er-800x480 Post some pictures of your set up.
Yes I have. Here are some pictures...

Edit

The led on the board with buttons for the screen is green but then constantly blinks red, goes back and forth.
Last edited by brooke89 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

try powering the display redblack USB cable from a wall adapter or other not-pi - the Pi may not be able to provide power for the display thru USB! at least then you'll know if it works :)

brooke89

Post by brooke89 »

That's weird, I edited that previous post, but the edit is reverted now. I figured that out in the end, it was hooked up wrong. Then I got AV1 and a no display message. Then after reading some posts on here, I figured out how to switch from AV1 to HDMI input. Then hooray, the screen finally worked! But now the touch screen isn't working. I am hoping that when I change the screen resolution that the touch screen will work... will post when I find out :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”