14 segment LED display problem

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
number46

14 segment LED display problem

Post by number46 »

I have a 4 digit 14 segment LED display with the I2c backpack. I am running it on a teensy 3.1 and have written a sketch to make a midi foot controller. there are 6 buttons that send midi notes and two buttons used as bank up and bank down to change the bank of midi notes that the 6 buttons send. On the display I have the first two digits indicating which of the 6 buttons is active and the second two digits indicating which of the 20 banks you are currently in. Everything was working wonderfully until today. All of the sudden the second two digits (the bank digits) try to display the number "20" all of the time. This causes it to flicker rapidly between the number 20 and whichever bank you are actually in. I can't figure out what the problem is. I didn't change anything in the sketch. Other than the bank numbers no longer registering on the LED correctly the sketch works correctly. The banks go up and down like they are supposed to only the LED doesn't indicate them correctly. The first two digits work correctly also. I ran the quadalphanum example sketch and all of the segments work like they are supposed to.

Any thoughts?

Franklin97355

Re: 14 segment LED display problem

Post by Franklin97355 »

Since the hardware seems to be working it must be the software. Could you post the actual code you are loading into the Teensy?

number46

Re: 14 segment LED display problem

Post by number46 »

Nevermind. Stupid semicolon.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”