Max Resolution and power consumption TFP401 HDMI/DVI Decoder

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
marfi

Max Resolution and power consumption TFP401 HDMI/DVI Decoder

Post by marfi »

Hello all,

Im intrested in the TFP401 HDMI/DVI Decoder to 40-Pin TTL Breakout (none touch) for a self build tablet project. I wanne use a big 13,3" panel and handle the touch function by an external driver (still looking for a matching overlay that supports multi touch and comes with its own USB-Driver).

1.: The panels that Im evalulate have the resolutions from 1366x768 to FullHD. Does the decoder support this two resolutions? You only recommand solutions by 800x480.

2.: The power consumption is critical. A 13,3" IPS panel consumes much more power then a 10,1" panel does. I want to power my project by a large laptop power bank that provides around 18000mAh and around 66 Wh at multipe voltages (5V for USB, 12V, 16V and 19V for laptops). The power bank offers two USB ports for 1A and 2.1A current. Can I feed that current to the driver board to and the large panel?

Thanks!

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Max Resolution and power consumption TFP401 HDMI/DVI Dec

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

marfi wrote:1.: The panels that Im evalulate have the resolutions from 1366x768 to FullHD. Does the decoder support this two resolutions? You only recommand solutions by 800x480.
Yes. The driver support resolutions up to 1080p
marfi wrote:Can I feed that current to the driver board to and the large panel?
Yes. The driver will only take as much power as it needs.

marfi

Post by marfi »

Thanks for clarification Rick!

That makes my project much easier because your HDMI/DVI Decoder is so beautyfull small and fits most all my needs, expect of a sound output for two speakers. :-)

kuravih

Post by kuravih »

May I ask if you got it to work successfully? What is the lcd panel you used? thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”