RGBLCDShield & LEDBackpack.h's...

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Pac1

RGBLCDShield & LEDBackpack.h's...

Post by Pac1 »

Hi, I'm trying to combine two projects on to the Pro-Trinket 5v; one of the project is a 7-segment LED clock on a backpack and the other is a BMP180 barometer on an RGBLCD display. Are the two libraries (Adafruit_LEDBackpack.h and Adafruit_RGBLCDShield.h) compatible to be used in the same sketch to allow the hardware share the same SDA & SCL, A4/A5 pins, on the ProTrinket?

I am asking because when I do that the clock and the LED runs but the RGBLCD unit displays only all bright blocks & I can't tell if the BMP180 is even working; but each project will run fine independently on their own sketch on the ProTrinket of course.

Just wondering if I need to somehow separate or isolate the SDA/SCL connections by address or something when they are in the same sketch and sharing the same A4/A5 pins. I'm hoping I don't have to but please let me know.

Thank you.

Franklin97355

Re: RGBLCDShield & LEDBackpack.h's...

Post by Franklin97355 »

i2c devices need to have unique addresses but, in most cases can share the pins. If you post your code we can have a look and see if there is a way to make it work. Please use the </> button and paste your code between the

Code: Select all

tags.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”