7" Display & Audio 1024x600 w/Touchscreen -- Power Draw

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bw81

7" Display & Audio 1024x600 w/Touchscreen -- Power Draw

Post by bw81 »

Hi,

Just wondering what the power draw in milliamps this display requires on 5V. I have plans to run it on a battery bank that'll deliver 1A. Is that enough?

Probably be using this one, 'cause I hear good things about it: http://www.amazon.com/ZeroLemon-SlimJui ... B00CXZHY2C. It's got two 5V USB ports, one 2-3A, and one 1A,

The other 2A connector is for a MeegoPad T01 -- I have a wild idea of making a Portable X86 Console for emulators, DOSBoxin' and Steam In-Home Streaming, all of which the Meego is capable, be it on Win8.1 or Linux/SteamOS. Plan is: denude the Meego, hack a gamepad in half (or make one bespoke), hook up speakers to the board, and jam the whole lot into a 3D-printed case.

I'll probably call him Dr FrankenSteam.

Thanks.

adafruit2

Re: 7" Display & Audio 1024x600 w/Touchscreen -- Power Draw

Post by adafruit2 »

its going to be about 1A at 5V, however, we have heard one or two people mention the audio amplifierer part doesnt like to work at under 5V sometimes, so you may need to go up to 9V

bw81

Re: 7" Display & Audio 1024x600 w/Touchscreen -- Power Draw

Post by bw81 »

The sketchy audio on 5V power makes sense. It looks like there might be a few battery banks out there with 5V USB and 9/12V DC outputs, so I could be in luck.

(Such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/XTPower-10000mAh- ... B00935L44E)

Thanks for your help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”