Sorry For Double Posting, But...............

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rbonari

Sorry For Double Posting, But...............

Post by rbonari »

Hello,

It is true that I double posted but it was the first time on your forums and it hasn't been a real pleasant experience so far. Both posts said to look at the other post for replies and both of them are locked out it appears. You need to have a bit more slack for first time users. So how do I get an reply to my question? The Flora Geo/Neo Watch uses a 16 LED Neopixel Ring to display time, etc. It uses one LED for the Hour and one LED for the Minutes. How is time represented using a sixteen LED Display and why not a 12 LED Neopixel Ring. How do you represent time using your method. Not sure about the theory behind doing time this way. I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I would like to know what it is. I have purchased a lot of your products and didn't expect the kind of response I received for the first time on the forums. If I'm doing something wrong explain the right way so I know what is required.

Franklin97355

Re: Sorry For Double Posting, But...............

Post by Franklin97355 »

Only one of your threads is locked The clock code is here https://github.com/adafruit/Flora-NeoGe ... h.ino#L258 and they are advancing the time every 3.75 seconds rather than every 5.

michaelmeissner

Re: Sorry For Double Posting, But...............

Post by michaelmeissner »

IIRC, at the time the neogeo watch demo program was created, neither the 12 nor the 24 LED neopixel rings had been released. AFAIK, nobody has rewritten the program for the 12 LED ring.

To display compass settings, you really want 16 LEDs, but for displaying time, you want 12 LEDs.

You could stack both 16 and 12 LED together and dedicate the 16 ring to the compass and the 12 ring to time. You would of course have to rewrite the code to do this.

Note, it is unfortunate, that the 12 LED ring is just big enough that it won't fit inside of the 16 LED ring on the same plane. If you are going to stack them, the 16 LED ring has to be higher than the 12 LED ring.

Here are the 24, 16, and 12 LED rings stacked:

FWIW, the 12 LED ring and Jewel do stack nicely:

The 12 LED ring appears to be designed to be the size of common pocket watches:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”