Arduino Mega Issues with (2) 32x32 and 32x64

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
seattleandrew

Arduino Mega Issues with (2) 32x32 and 32x64

Post by seattleandrew »

Hello all, I went through the tutorial and set the following pins for my Ardunio Mega
#define CLK 11
#define OE 9
#define LAT 10
#define A A0
#define B A1
#define C A2
#define D A3

However, whenever I try to run test shapes using the following pinout, it produces this (32 and then 64 respectively).

What are some possible reasons the display may show up this way? I double checked and all of my pins are correct according to the https://learn.adafruit.com/32x16-32x32- ... mper-wires

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Arduino Mega Issues with (2) 32x32 and 32x64

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

I think you've got your A, B, C, and D wires going to the wrong places. Your row addressing is messed up.

seattleandrew

Post by seattleandrew »

adafruit_support_rick wrote:I think you've got your A, B, C, and D wires going to the wrong places. Your row addressing is messed up.
Yes, that looks like it was the fix. I goofed and swapped my C and D row selectors. While on the topic, I am noticing that despite the display being powered independently (2A) I am getting some fading and character display bugs. If you take a look at this Image you'll see the "t" is missing from Adafruit. I'm not sure why that's happening.

pburgess

Post by pburgess »

That first line is normally displayed in a range of hues -- red at the 'A', green by the time it reaches 't'.

For whatever reason your matrix is only showing red. Do you have the full complement of data lines connected, or did you start with just one color component?

If all the data wires are connected: a "red out" display is symptomatic of a power problem...the display tries to operate off parasitic power from the data signals, but there's only enough "oomph" to light red. This could be a problem with the power supply (If it's a 5V tip-positive supply, disconnect USB from the Mega and plug the power supply into the Mega's DC jack...any lights? Supply is probably Ok then.) or with the DJ jack adapter (test voltage on the screw heads if you have a multimeter)...sometimes it's just the pin isn't making contact with the sleeve of the power supply, need to push it just a little to the side with a screwdriver.

seattleandrew

Post by seattleandrew »

You are on a roll. Looks like my 5v 2A wall wart is busted. It's not powering anything. Rush ordering another to see if that improves display

ruthra

Post by ruthra »

Hai all i will try to connect two 32x32(P6) matrix panels.but here.,both panels are show same data.i need 32X64 panels output in 2(32X32(P6)) panels. Is possible to cascade 2 32X32(P6).? RGBmatrixPanel matrix(A, B, C, D, CLK, LAT, OE, false,64).i was change last parameter 32 into 64 also.but never changes in output. i hope you & waiting for reply...
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (947.16 KiB) Viewed 137 times
in this image .,i was print &quot;ABCD&quot; in  first line of first panel. but why its comes in second panel.<br />As well as 2nd,3rd,4th line also.i wish print &quot;ABCDEFGHIJ&quot; in one (2(32x32)) panel . i expect &quot;ABCDE&quot; in first panel.then &quot;FGHIJ&quot; in second panel.
in this image .,i was print "ABCD" in first line of first panel. but why its comes in second panel.
As well as 2nd,3rd,4th line also.i wish print "ABCDEFGHIJ" in one (2(32x32)) panel . i expect "ABCDE" in first panel.then "FGHIJ" in second panel.
Untitled.jpg (947.16 KiB) Viewed 137 times

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Try the testshapes_32x64.ino example from the RGB Matrix Panel library. See if it works for you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”