Issues with kippah display

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
boredpenguin

Issues with kippah display

Post by boredpenguin »

Bought a 5" kippah display with touchscreen. On powerup the the screen is white then slowly fades to black. Tried reinstalling rasbian and following the instructions again with no luck.

Franklin97355

Re: Issues with kippah display

Post by Franklin97355 »

Could you post large, clear, detailed pictures of both sides of your board and the connections to it? Pictures should be less than 1meg in size. 800x600 works well.

boredpenguin

Post by boredpenguin »

http://imgur.com/a/AUrrA

I've tried with and without using the touch screen USB connection with no luck. The red LED on the kippah board seems to react to the touches properly.

I can ssh to the raspi. Its a standard model B+ with just a USB and Ethernet connection.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

do you have an HDMI display you can connect to the Pi? if so, do you see the startup screen appear there?

boredpenguin

Post by boredpenguin »

Ok so I think I may have figured it out. The kippah isn't making good contact with the raspi on the 40pin header. After applying constant pressure to the kippah over the 40 pin connector the screen works.

If I stop applying pressure (but don't remove my hand) the screen stops updating and slowly fades. Could the kippah be defective?

boredpenguin

Post by boredpenguin »

The pads look pretty dry. At least three pins appear to be floating (pins 3, 4, and 5 from the bottom). http://imgur.com/UQaJ1Vi

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement KIPPAH

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”