SKETCH HELP - DotStar sketches with BlueFruit LE module)

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RiFF

SKETCH HELP - DotStar sketches with BlueFruit LE module)

Post by RiFF »

Thanks for taking the time to look...

First let me describe my setup. I am running a Trinket Pro 5V, connected to a BlueFruit LE module and a DotStar strip (144 density, but only using 45 pixels). This is presently powered by a 5V 2A wall adapter, but will ultimately be a portable project. Everything is wired up and has been tested. I was able to modify the sketch from the Bluetooth Controlled Goggles project (https://learn.adafruit.com/bluetooth-ne ... s/overview) to work with the DotStar strip, and have no difficulties with the hardware.

Here's where I need help. I'm new to all of this, and here's what I'm hoping to do. I would like to be able to have multiple programs which I can switch through using the BlueFruit LE app on my phone. As it stands, the sketch I have uses the DotStar library and has two preset programs (pinwheel and sparkle), which are mapped to buttons 1 and 2 in the Bluefruit LE app. I would like to be able to add multiple programs (Rainbow and Ripple from the BellyDance Fans tutorial, a Cylon or Larsen mode, a Fire mode http://www.walltech.cc/neopixel-fire-effect/ , a color fade mode, and the sparkle and pinwheel modes already existing in this sketch), and have them be cycled up through by pressing Button 1 on the phone app, cycled down by pressing Button 2 on the phone app. I would also like Button 4 to go through 5 levels of Brightness (51, 102, 153, 204, 255).

My problem is that the code for these various projects (several of which I have run successfully, depend on different libraries (FastLED and DotStar). I do not have the expertise to figure out which bits of code I need from each working module to incorporate with the Bluetooth code I have. Is there anyone who can help?

I appreciate your time and assistance.

philletourneau

Re: SKETCH HELP - DotStar sketches with BlueFruit LE module)

Post by philletourneau »

Hi,

I wish I could tell you I have an answer to your issue...

However, I am running an identical setup to you (I'm using an UART Bluefruit, not sure if you are) and I would love to see how you modified the Goggles sketch for your needs. I'm scratching my head here trying to figure out.

ZeroContext

Re: SKETCH HELP - DotStar sketches with BlueFruit LE module)

Post by ZeroContext »

Phil - Did you ever get this working? I am looking at a similar setup now and want the same types of effects.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”