OLED 16bit 1.27 NOT working

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
maf

OLED 16bit 1.27 NOT working

Post by maf »

Dear Adafruit team,

I've just received my packet from Adafruit today:
- Product: 1 x OLED Breakout Board - 16-bit Color 1.27" w/microSD holder[ID:1673
- Order Confirmation No: 870478-3478905257

When I've opened my packet I discovered that the OLED screen seems to be damaged: The display is not sticked to the rest of the PCB (Yes, joined by the wire. see picture attached).

Note: I can not attached Photos to this posts. Please download it from the following DropBox link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/708 ... afruit.zip

Then, I've uploaded the test SW (Library Adafruit_SSD1351 Example) and in the Arduino terminal I can check that the code is working good (getting some messages from the Arduino: "Hello!", "Init", ) but the screen is still black.

I have photos of all the tests.
I've tested with my Arduino. First, I've connected to the power (5v,GND) but the screen is totally blacK: no signal life.

Please, help me. :(

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by maf on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maf

Re: OLED 16bit 1.27 NOT working

Post by maf »

I've tested with another Arduino board and, still not working.
With a multimeter I've checked the internal pinout and I didn't find any problem (neither short circuit). The weld, also looks great: It's clear and with a proper quantity of tin.
I've connected the display to a desk power supply (with an ampere meter) and the display is not consuming any amps.

Can you give me any advice, or recommend me more tests to do?

Kind regards,

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Which of the example programs are you running? There are two examples with the library and they use different wiring.

maf

Post by maf »

Hello,

I've tested the two examples. (Taking into account the two differents pinnout)

Firts, as I was following the tutorial in the Adafruit Learning system I connected the Display to run the "test" example. No any response with this scketch from the dispaly. Double check of all the connections. Everything was well connected.

Then I tried with the other example:"BMP".
I did all the steps written in the Adafruit Learning system. (Changing the pins to use now, the new pinnout recommended.) Same result. Nothing happened: still not working.

I took another arduino board and I repeated the process from the beginning again. No luck.

Then, I connected the screen to my desk power supply to check the current draw. No current draw at all. 0.0 mAmps.

I've been working with arduino for 8 years. I've used a lot of SPI sensor.
I think, that I've experience un electronics.

If you want check my background, please visit my portafolio: https://madebyfrutos.BANNED.com

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Please contact [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement.

maf

Post by maf »

Roger Roger :(

Thanks for the help.

Janos83

Post by Janos83 »

Did you found a solution for this Problem or was the display just damaged?

It seems i have the same problem... :-/

maf

Post by maf »

Mine was damaged.

However, pay attention in the example code given by Adafruit. There are two options of pinnout, and there are other two options to init the display.

In the example code, you must select the correct one. By default, is wrong selected.

Please, take a look. Be sure that you have discomment the correct instruction in the code to init the correct pinnout.

If you have any doubt, share your code or I can send you one for testing, but You need connect the Screen connected in the same pins like mine.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”