Inductive charging schematic

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
leonmayr

Inductive charging schematic

Post by leonmayr »

Hello,

As I'm working on a project in a lab this summer to bring electronics lessons into my classroom, I've become very interested in inductive charging and have been working with the Inductive Charging Set - 5V @ 500mA max. I was wondering if a circuit schematic is available to understand how the transmitter and receiver are put together. It's a very small circuit minus the two rings of coil so I think there can be some valuable lessons. Would this be possible to obtain?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Inductive charging schematic

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We don't manufacture these ourselves and don't have schematics for them. But there is a nice inductive charging tutorial with schematics here: https://sites.google.com/site/ddmcintos ... ve-charger

leonmayr

Post by leonmayr »

Also, I wanted to note a very interesting observation. I was able to measure an inductive voltage on the receiving end (powered 3.7 V on the transmitter and measured about 4 V at 2cm apart) and a standard inverse function from there, but ONLY when I used two transmitters. In other words, I used a second transmitter to act as the receiver. When I tried it the standard way (a powered transmitter and measuring with the receiver), I found no Voltage. Any possible reason? That's a big reason for why I'm hoping to see a schematic as well. Hope someone out there can help.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

powered 3.7 V on the transmitter
They are really designed for 9-12v input on the transmitter side. With less than that, the receiver output is zero to inconsistent.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”