measurement while rotating

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
inayath

measurement while rotating

Post by inayath »

i have a plate rotating at a rpm of 500 - 600 rpm. Over this plate heated air is flowing. I am considering a dozen points over the surface of the plate . the air heated upto 100-120 degree celsius. One of my friend suggest to use Xbee with arduino to find the teperature readings.How can i use Xbee with arduino for the same. Also he said by changing the temperature sensor with pressure sensor , can get pressure also at different points.?
Is it possible to connect the temperature sensor with arduino without any amplification?. Here am using T type thermocuoples.
What will be specification for the arduino and xbee?.If amplification needed , what will be its specifications ?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: measurement while rotating

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Thermocouples require a thermocouple amplifier such as the MAX31855. http://www.adafruit.com/products/269
This board is designed for K-type thermocouples. You can replace the chip with a T-type version, or apply a correction factor in software.

You can connect this all to an Arduino and use an XBee or a WiFi module to transmit wirelessly back to your computer. Of you could simply collect data on an SD card for later analysis.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”