This looks like a good course on Electronics

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sketchy

This looks like a good course on Electronics

Post by sketchy »

I signed up for this course that Chris Gammel is doing.

I listen to his podcast, The Amp Hour...he seems to know his electronics stuff. I also went through his intro kiCad course and learned a lot...so I signed up for this course to boost my abilities in creating a PCB from a prototype... In case others are interested...
http://contextualelectronics.com/sessio ... -now-open/
Contextual Electronics is set of two 8 week online courses meant to teach you how to build your own hardware. Students will work in groups to design printed circuit boards using the open source CAD program KiCad; in the second half of the course, students will also build the hardware as a community, working to piece together theoretical knowledge and practical application. At the end of the course, students will feel confident taking an idea from concept all the way through to construction of a prototype.

sketchy

Re: This looks like a good course on Electronics

Post by sketchy »

I should have mentioned there is a fee for this course. I signed up for the "participate" level which costs $225. It took me awhile to decide to plunk down this amount. Ultimately I decided to do so because I went back and forth about what I could learn...and thought if I want to make PCBs "right" and in a more efficient time frame, I would benefit from expert guidance and working with a group that has a vested interest (would pay) so will stick to the course. I am not young and have kids. Thus, time is my most precious commodity...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”