Re: Bluefruit EZ-key Bluetooth User manual (not for arduino)

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aayush1412

Post by aayush1412 »

Hello Team,

I am a student, working on my bachelor project. I wish to use your bluefruit board in project.I'm using Freescale's board . Before purchasing it, i want to check the feasibility to my project requirement.

Requirement:  
1. Interfacing microcontroller serial with Bluefruit.(not for arduino boards)
2. sending Mouse HID information to windows 7 PC using Bluefruit.

Expectation from Bluefruit Team:
1. Need User Manual to understand the Bluefruit API.(not for arduino)
2. Instruction Guide which can explain how to send Mouse HID Report to your device over UART interface, which will pair to Windows 7 PC.

Please send me this detail to verify whether this device is proper match to my project Requirement.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Information on sending mouse HID reports via BlueFruit EZ-Key is on this tutorial page:
http://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-b ... via-serial

aayush1412

Post by aayush1412 »

Hello,

I have checked that tutorial before also .
I'm looking for a tutorial for interfacing with OTHER COMPANIES BOARD and NOT for ARDUINO.

As I'm using FREESCALE's board ,i want a tutorial in which i can interface the BT module with other microcontroller via UART.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

As I'm using FREESCALE's board ,i want a tutorial in which i can interface the BT module with other microcontroller via UART.
This part will work for any device that can send TTL serial. If you need help sending serial from the freescale I would recommend contacting the freescale forums or help desk.
For advanced users, you may want to hook up your Bluefruit to a microcontroller and send characters or strings via Bluetooth.

You can do this with the UART port on the EZ-Key. The UART pins are labeled RX (data going into the module) and TX (debug data coming out of the module). You can get away with just connecting to RX. The RX pin is 5V compliant, you can send it 3V or 5V TTL logic levels. Use 9600 baud serial, all microcontrollers will support this.

You can also send raw HID Keyboard reports for complex key-stroke combinations and controls.

In version v1.1 (Oct 22, 2013 or later) HID Mouse reports are also supported, you can send mouse movement and clicks via the UART and microcontroller
In version v1.2 (Nov 2013 or later) HID consumer report keys are supported, there are a few supported 'multi-media keys' - see below for a list and how to send via the UART

Don't forget to also tie a ground pin from your microcontroller to the EZ-Key for the logic ground reference!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”