new technology platform for First FTC

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
knsudler

new technology platform for First FTC

Post by knsudler »

I am the coach of a First FTC team and the competition has changed technology platforms.

We used to use Lego NXT's and motor and servo controllers with a wifi module. Now we will use a pair of android phones one of which is connected to a pair of usb gamepad controllers, and the other needs to connect to a DC motor controller a servo motor controller via usb to the phone, each controller has two I2C ports.

I was looking at "Adafruit FT232H breakout." Will this work to go from usb to I2C? I'm trying to save money and keep using my existing motor controllers.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: new technology platform for First FTC

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Hi, I'm a mentor for 3 FTC teams and we're all looking forward to the new platform.

The FT232H does go from USB to i2c & should be able to communicate with your motor controllers.

knsudler

Post by knsudler »

Thanks! It seems like there might be other options for sensors, etc from Adafruit that we can use on our robot too. I'm pretty knew to digital electronics so I'm working through a few projects in the learning system to see what options are there.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

That is a good option. The more you try the easier this seems to become since the things you learn on one project transfer to your next endeavor.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”