Staff at adafruit - getting young girls into technology

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
joslee

Staff at adafruit - getting young girls into technology

Post by joslee »

Dear team at adafruit,

My name is Josephine and I'm writing on behalf of Girls Who Code, a national non-profit organization working to close the gender gap in the science and technology field.We focus mainly on youth and have two major programs: our summer immersion computer science programs for young high school girls and our school clubs.

A major component of our summer programs is our speaker series and we would love to have an adafruit team member speak with our girls about your experiences in this field. Especially with your background in technology and entrepreneurship, it would be so inspirational and educational for the girls to see the diversity within tech careers and learn from your experiences.

Our program ends week of August 17th and ask for a one hour commitment to present on your experience. We are flexible to your schedule and can do it via webcast . Please let me know if this is something that would interest you and your team and I'd be happy to discuss this opportunity further.

Sincerely,
Josephine :)

adafruit

Re: Staff at adafruit - getting young girls into technology

Post by adafruit »

thanks for the post, please feel free to email [email protected] and we'll see what is possible!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”