Using CC3000 on network

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dier02

Using CC3000 on network

Post by dier02 »

#define WLAN_SSID "yourNetwork"
#define WLAN_PASS "yourPass"
#define WLAN_SECURITY WLAN_SEC_WPA2

The above is the part of the CC3000 sketch that logs you into your network and shows SSID and password. How do you log in if your network requires an SSID,username and password?

Franklin97355

Re: Using CC3000 on network

Post by Franklin97355 »

Check out the webClient example.

dier02

Post by dier02 »

I couldn't see anywhere in the web client sketch on the Adafruit website (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cc3 ... /webclient) where I had the option of adding a user name? It just has SSID and password. I need to use this on a school network so will need SSID, User name and password. I can use this with the iPhone ass a wireless hotspot but it doesn't solve my problem with the network - or am I missing something?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Check with the school IT group to see what it is the need. If I remember correctly he Arduino does not have the capability to respond to server requests on the fly (I may be wrong and someone will surely correct me if I am).

deepness

Post by deepness »

Please verify that you cannot use the Adafruit cc3000 wifi shield on a network that requires any form of username identification.

dier02

Post by dier02 »

There are two issues in this. One is that you may be able to add the SSID user name and password in the script but when you log into the network (assuming you can) the other issue is that the network is usually set up to request the user name and password every time you want to access the Internet. How do you get around that?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”