I'm replying to my prior post, as I have found some information which may be useful to others who have encountered the same kind of problem...
If you have the beaglebone, can connect to it and run the Cloud9 IDE on:http://192.168.7.2:3000
but the necessary bonescript code is an empty folder in the project files, you will likely need to get an updated image of the Angstrom distribution. I found the beaglebone "Demo" files can be located at:http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beaglebone/
Since you already have the micro sd card already populated with all the requisite files, you only need to upgrade the image file. In my case, the updated image file is:
which is about a 400MB file.
I located an article on the web which shows how load the updated image onto the sd card when using OS X. The link for this article is:http://www.nunoalves.com/open_source/?p=90
A few of comments...
* If you are like me, you might want to back up you sd card in its entirety just in case things get screwed up. To create a DMG file the following article is useful: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-DMG-File-on-a-Mac
* You will need to install a decompression utility called xz. This is a quick command (as described in the article on loading the updated beaglebone image file) if you already have brew installed on your OS. I am running Lion Server, so these things are already in place for me.
* When following the instructions in the article on installing the updated image pay careful attention to filenames. In the article's instruction the commands with devices like '/dev/disk1'. The devices on your install may be different (for instance, in my case the proper device was '/dev/disk3'). Examine carefully before issuing commands and apply some thoughtful common sense.
* One thing the article didn't mention, which I thought would be needed, and actually a comment was posted about the article, was to properly eject the device when done. (using:
diskutil eject <the name of your device>
in my case the command was:
diskutil eject /dev/disk3
In any case, I was able to fix the problem. Now I can run the bonescript examples in the Cloud9 IDE on the beaglebone (though the Cloud9 IDE is a bit flaky).
I hope this information is helpful for those of you who need to get the unbroken Angstrom distribution, or at a later date need an updated image.