SOLVED - Can't install network-over-USB drivers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mdseal

SOLVED - Can't install network-over-USB drivers

Post by mdseal »

Not off to an auspicious start --

Two days ago I received my BeagleBone Black from Adafruit. Since then I have repeatedly tried to install the drivers for network-over-USB and have failed every time. In a dialog box headed "BeagleBone Driver Installer" I get the following message "Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation" and all of the specific driver types that are supposed to be installed have red X's next to them.

My computer is running Windows 8.1 X64 and my search engine is Internet Explorer 10.

I am sincerely grateful for your help.

FOLLOW-UP

After trying to install drivers unsuccessfully using two different machines running Windows 8.1, I tried a machine running Windows 7 and the drivers installed on the first try! I can only conclude that the drivers are incompatible with Wiindows 8.1.

adafruit2

Re: SOLVED - Can't install network-over-USB drivers

Post by adafruit2 »

you may need to turn off win8 driver signing - we'll ask the BBB team to please sign their drivers!

mdseal

Post by mdseal »

Yes, that is exactly the problem! On further investigation, I found that I needed to turn off driver signing. After it was turned off, installation of the drivers went without a hitch on the first try on my Windows 8.1 machine. Thanks for asking the BBB team to sign their drivers. It would save some headaches!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”