DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor With Long Cables

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
crazypathum

Re: DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor With Long Cables

Post by crazypathum »

matt1988, Nothing went well on my way mate. So I was really disappointed. I am still trying my best to work this out with a Cat 6 cable. If you get anything, please let me know. And I am waiting for an answer from Adafruit Officials too. Thanks again

matt1988

Post by matt1988 »

We soldered our connections on a cat5e cable with 17m, used the twisted pairs, vcc and ground, and data and ground. 2/36 times it was actually accurate i wrote a quick program to check it every 60 seconds and got that result. 2/36 is not strong enough or reliable enough to do anything with. i have found hobby-boards.com to have a onewire temp/humidity sensor available i have emailed them on there product to get information about, it is more expensive but something i am interested in trying. i wish adafruit had something like it, as i've already spent quite a bit here, maybe they'll build something better/stronger as i would really like to deal with adafruit!

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Both the Pi and the BBB are 3.3v devices. With lower voltages it is harder to go long distances. You might try reducing the value of the pullup resistor to something in the 2.2K range.

crazypathum

Post by crazypathum »

adafruit_support_bill » Can you please suggest me a long distance (At least 15M) temperature and humidity sensor to use with Beaglebone Black. (Practically tested one please) I bought 5Pcs of DHT22 after looking at the information there. But its not working with long distances. But perfect with shorter distances. I really appreciate if you can suggest me a practically tested sensor to use with beagle bone black please. Thank you very much.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

We do not sell any guaranteed humidity sensor that will work at 15 meters with the BBB, nor do we have any other recommended sensors we have tested at such distances

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”