PLS Stock A GPS Dongle Compatible with Beagle Bone Black

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
d74g0n

PLS Stock A GPS Dongle Compatible with Beagle Bone Black

Post by d74g0n »

PLEASE Stock A GPS Dongle Compatible with Beagle Bone Black, shopping for them is insanely hard for what they are.

The reviews (perhaps trolls) on amazon and such constantly say they don't work... perhaps they are old people who can't get it to work. At any rate adafruit shop is pretty much the only place I trust. These things should be 20$ or less considering every phone ships with the technology. I am not confident enough really to go a breakout board route yet when a dongle equivalent exists (be that at 50$-70$ with reviews saying they don't even work). If you guys were selling one for under 80$ you'd corner the market.

Maybe you guys should make your own brand of GPS dongles for robots and such. *cash register sound*

adafruit2

Re: PLS Stock A GPS Dongle Compatible with Beagle Bone Black

Post by adafruit2 »

hiya, not sure what you mean, can you point me out one?

d74g0n

Post by d74g0n »

lol I just spent an hour trying to track down the one I ordered... long long ago... that still isn't here. I guess the term "usb gps receiver dongle" gets better results. I found one some high end one here <link below>, I heard globalsat or w/e it's called wasn't working out for the average boaters using them in reviews. I just want beaglebone/pi - linux/arm supported gps - usb dongle at any cost... if it works.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/canmore-gt- ... 22619.html

but this is simple stuff, I found one for 2$ or something in china... if it ever arrives... I sure hope it works lol.

d74g0n

Post by d74g0n »

USB GPS U-blox7 seems to be the cheapest thing that works. The Beaglebone Tracking Cape seems impossible to get as a side note.

technocurmudgeon

Post by technocurmudgeon »

Hi, I'd second this. Something like the Ultimate GPS FeatherWing, except for BBB or BBG would be awesome.

I've no problem with breakouts and soldering, but some of the manager and auditor hats that come in do. Plus for work I like things that just 'snap together and just work'.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”