BBB flashing eMMC fails after 10 minutes [SOLVED]

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
andygrove

BBB flashing eMMC fails after 10 minutes [SOLVED]

Post by andygrove »

Hi,

I'm attempting to flash my BBB with the latest Debian image. I purchased my BBB from Adafruit along with the recommended switching 5V power supply (http://www.adafruit.com/products/276). I burned the flasher image to a micro SD card and started the flashing process (holding down 'user boot' button while inserting 5V power supply). I get the "knightrider" LED pattern, and everything looks great!

However, after around 10 minutes I find that no LEDs are on, not even the PWR indicator LED. I tried again and the same thing happened. The interesting thing is that, the second time this happened, I connect the USB cable to my desktop and the lights came on and it started the install process again. I wonder if there is something wrong with the power supply?

The install is still running with both the power supply and the USB cable connected, but I know that the USB alone isn't going to provide enough power, so I'm not holding out too much hope of this actually working.

I'd appreciate any pointers on troubleshooting the root cause.

Thanks,

Andy.

SOLVED: This time, I came back to find all the LEDs solid, and after hitting the reset button I was able to connect and confirm the upgrade was successful. I can only assume that the board had powered down before after a successful install. The install seemed far faster than indicated on the various web sites I was reading.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: BBB flashing eMMC fails after 10 minutes [SOLVED]

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Glad to hear the process worked for you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Beagle Bone & Adafruit Beagle Bone products”