Recommended LI-ion battery?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tester239

Recommended LI-ion battery?

Post by tester239 »

What battery do you recommend, ladyada? I'm not sure what I should get... a one cell, or brand ?

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

umm, whatever is cheapest? i got a nice one for a $1 from electronics goldmine. any 3.7V li-ion should be just fine.

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

Just rip onw out of an old cellphone. By now everyone has two or three old phones in their junk drawer, no?

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

But that requires having the cell phone and/or charger for it. Unless you design a charger built into whatever you need, it becomes kinda bulky.

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

Why would you need a charger? Minty has battery recharge via USB. Not sure I understand. Personally, I use an old BL-4C battery from Nokia. 850 mAH, at only 4.5 mm thick! I removed the CF ejector and crazy-glued it on top of the CF jack (NOTE: before doing this, make sure your minty works! Trying to reflow the STA013 is a BANNED if there's a battery covering it up :-). This leaves room next to the board for my Music Appreciation BANNED Supplement...

Post by guest »

xoxota where is the picture of your minty

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

Unfortunately, my Digital Cam was forgotten at the in-laws over the weekend. When I get it back, I'll post some pics.

kuenrg

which Lion battery...

Post by kuenrg »

Hey Ladyada, just curious about the recommended battery...

You mention "any 3.7V Lion battery"
However the Max1811 is for 4.1V or 4.2V batteries depending on SELV. (In the Minty it's grounded so the Minty should use a 4.1V battery.)

And just to summarize -
JP3 is for regular AA batteries
JP1 is for 4.1V (or 3.7V?) Lion (hence the LDO)

cheers - kuenrg

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”