My minty progress

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
terpDriver

My minty progress

Post by terpDriver »

This is what I've got so far: bootloader programmed in, firmware programmed in with TinyBldr, unable to talk with hyperterminal.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

When I was at your stage I encountered 2 problems.

1. tinybld said it loaded the firmware completely, but when I checked what was on the chip using ICSP, I found that the last few lines of the HEX code were not programmed on. That happened when I was using tinybld173, tinybld18 worked fine.

2. I was not getting a good connection with the battery. However, it seems that you have soldered your leads on so that is likely not the problem. Also make sure your (-) and (+) are in the right holes (im sure they are correct, but it doesn't hurt to check).

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

Thanks for the tips! Without changing anything I can now get output in TeraTerm (a better hyperterminal program). I started with the board unplugged and turned off, then plugged the board in, opened teraterm at 115200, and turned the minty on.

Code: Select all

Minty MP3! v1 3/25/2004
Resetting Card.. found CF card... Identifying CF.. set drive command id hhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

sweet

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

terpDriver wrote:Thanks for the tips! Without changing anything I can now get output in TeraTerm (a better hyperterminal program). I started with the board unplugged and turned off, then plugged the board in, opened teraterm at 115200, and turned the minty on.

Minty MP3! v1 3/25/2004
Resetting Card.. found CF card... Identifying CF.. set drive command id hhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
woah, weird output. looks like you're making a lot of progress tho!

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

Yay! I'm getting there. Now I'm trying to get MintyComm to work.

>java MintyComm
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MintyComm
I had a classpath problem. I fixed it by adding an environment variable called CLASSPATH and defined it as "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_03\lib\comm.jar;."

but at least i'm getting this far:

Minty MP3! v1 3/25/2004
Resetting Card.. found CF card... Identifying CF.. set drive command id „Šê@ õ
  101820D0504O0228HAD 2.13SanDisk SDCFB-32                        ê õõxx# bytes/
sectors: 510
# sectors/cluster: 4
# reserved sectors: 0
# FATs: 2
# / entries: 510
FAT starts at sector 0x0021
/ starts at sector 0x0000009b
STA Reset
Found STA013
setting volume to -0 dB
waiting for char
0d
mp3>

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

So I got one minty to work. I just need to finish up by putting on a few more components for the LIon charger and the boost supply, in case i want to run off AA's. I'm still debugging minty number two, which is still dragging at the bootloader/firmware stage.

The sound I'm getting out is pretty bass heavy (not distorted though), the highs are not very present if at all, and I was wondering what values the other few minty makers out there are using for their audio output stage, and how they would describe their sound quality. I'm using:
C14, C15, C36, C40 = 33uF
R4, R5 = 10 KOhm
R6, R7 = 10 Ohm
I'm out of 33uF caps so when I get to that point with minty number two I'm going to have to order more caps for that stage anyway.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

congrats on getting it to work!

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

I am getting to the point where it says resetting card, but then it spews out garbage. How did you get it to move past that point?

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

At that point I pretty much went full speed ahead and implemented the MP3 decoder/DAC section and attached the compact flash socket. I think I was getting garbage output because those systems weren't in place yet.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

I have everything on and the terminal software gets stuck on identifying card...when i do not have a card in it everything else goes through properly.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

So, I tinkered with the CF pins (even had to run jumpers from 2 messed up pads :cry: ) and now I have a homemade mp3 player!

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

Congrats!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”