Minty Modifications

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Chalala´s Egg

Minty Modifications

Post by Chalala´s Egg »

I have a couple of modifications for the minty. First of all I am not an electronic wiz, but I do have some expirience repairing components and have a couple of friends who are Electronic Engineers or Repair Techs. I love building stuff, and with a project like this, my friends would gladly help (provided we make others for them). Now to the modifications:
1. Read an USB Pen (or Flash ) Drive instead of the memory card.
2. Work with Car´s 12V (this could be Secondary as I have seen DC to DC converters that work through the Car´s Cig lighter)

My thought is this: I already have a 1GB USB Pen Drive that I have loaded with MP3s and would like to be able to listen to them in my car.

any help? thoughts?

Ladyada?

adafruit

Re: Minty Modifications

Post by adafruit »

Chalala´s Egg wrote: 1. Read an USB Pen (or Flash ) Drive instead of the memory card.
this is much much much harder to do than you probably think.

limor

Tom61

Post by Tom61 »

Really interesting is that Wal-Mart (of all places) has a RF Modulator that plugs directly into your cig lighter, that has a minor bulleted feature of being able to play MP3s off thumbdrives. I haven't seen such a potentially cool feature listed as a minor bullet since Sharp's TV that had a built-in Nintendo (NES).

No headphone or line-out, so that gives you something to hack, and of course figuring out how to cram the electronics into an Altiods tin. :P

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”