Bill Of Materials

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xoxota

Post by xoxota »

minty maker wrote:So do any of you know where I can get a CS4340 from?
Well, if you're willing to sell your soul to the devil, I believe they're back in-stock at Newark.

Be forewarned: They will charge you a low-order handling fee on orders less than $25 (my notes say: "BASTARDS!!!"). You should try and order it in a batch with something else. Maybe pick up some flowers for your mom, or something.

...you never call, and she loves you.

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

I sampled mine from one of Cirus's distributors. After asking for a sample from Cirus, its email said no dice. So I decided to call up the closest distributor to me, and tell the truth, Rutger's student, mp3 project. They had a someone in charge of all Rutgers requests/sales. Took three tries though. First to figure out who to talk to, second to forget the name in call one, and be told that they don't offer samples to students, and third to talk to someone who just put the sample order thru. Seems like noone knew anything bout the Rutgers account.

Anyway, call up a local distributor. See if they can help you. Helps if there is an engineering school near by.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

ladyada wrote:hmm, seems like they're out of stock on the 4340. the 4344 doesnt come in SOIC16 package.
not sure what to tell you, you can order from newark and they'll ship it to you in a month, or you can try looking elsewhere. when i designed minty (like, a year and a half ago) the cs4340 was the best choice...
ugh, i really shouldnt be doing parts specification at 3am...newark does have the CS4340A-KS in stock

curious

real mp3 player

Post by curious »

why not just hack up a cheap mp3 player and stick it in the tin? u can get one for 20 bucks at newegg...

deek

Post by deek »

Its not really the point of the whole thing.
Ladyada's Minty FAQ wrote:Well that's stupid, why should I spend 5 hours building something when its cheaper to buy it?

Minty is an open source hardware project, partially to gauge whether it is possible to design and maintain such projects and whether people are interested in working on open source hardware. I do not expect people to try building it.
I think its so much cooler to say...yes I built this myself.

school trend setter

what?

Post by school trend setter »

ok ive read this topic like 3 times and ive come to the conclusion i need to know a different language to understand :shock: . the question is, what language and if english can you explain in "SIMPLER TERMS" thx in advance.
bye the way have you heard about the minty amp?

Post by Guest »

ladyada wrote:Thanks for the fixes, I've uploaded a new version of the schematic & BOM with more notes and corrections.

R18 is right, i actually put it on upside down!
all of the 16/20/22pF capacitors can be placed with 20pF and work just fine.

also, i now remember that i had problems with some crystals. use the one in the new BOM. it should work. best of luck!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”