Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

MintiTunes
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

MintiTunes

by terpDriver on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:12 pm

I got bored and started playing with my minty again. I wrote a new file transfer tool in C#.

terpDriver

by GeekMan on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:43 pm

How hard would it be to integrate a USB interface to the MintyMP3, and either have it show up in iTunes as a USB MP3 device, or as a mountable drive?
GeekMan

by terpDriver on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Thing is, I don't have an iPod or iTunes so I have no clue how that works. I imagine that it's not feasible.

To talk to the minty you have to talk over serial to the PIC. It has a USB port, but onboard this is wired to a USB to serial converter chip. So when plugged into the computer, the chip gets recognized and appears as a new serial COM port to the user, not a USB device.

Honestly, you're better off getting a flash card reader and popping the card out when you want to load more songs. The data has to go through the PIC when you upload over the USB/serial connection and the transfer rate is really slow, something like 4k/second.
terpDriver