flash chip?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cullen

flash chip?

Post by cullen »

If I bought an 8gb sample from samsung, is there any way I coud incorporate it into the mps player? The samples are cheap and you get a TON of storage

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Whats the specs for the sample?

Cullen

Post by Cullen »

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

this is essentially what's in USB flash drives and small MP3 players. you could use it in a design but you'd have to figure out how to incorperate it.

cullen

Post by cullen »

i couldnt do that if my life depended on it... some one should figure out how to do this so you can incorporate the samples the samsung gives out, they give out so many its like a high school and condoms

Student

Post by Student »

Where do you go to sample from Samsung?

cullen

Post by cullen »

email them

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. I don't think ill use it in my miniminty design because TSSOP is very hard to solder, but if you don't mind I'll put a notice on my 'procurement' page that you can get these samples easily...

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Not to be the leech, but do they give samples of their mmc cards?

And the email to contact them from? Is it the semiconductor page under the contact us page?

thesoffish

Post by thesoffish »

Um, I emailed them about getting a sample, and after talking to 3 different people via email, I was told to call a sales representative in my area. Am I doing something wrong? Your earlier posts made it sound very easy to get a sample...

Josh

that interesting little chip you got there...

Post by Josh »

Hey Cullen, that chip is the 8GB equivilant of the one in the COBY MP-C640 I got this last christmas. I was wondering, does anyone know if the info for running the MP3 Player would be on that chip, or would it be on the Sigmatel STMP3410L or TEA5757HL. I kinda rreeaaallllyyyyy need to know this. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Also, any chance you could give us a step-by-step guide on how to get the chip?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”