Minty price

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Minty price

Post by Guest »

In the Minty MP3 Overview, "...a minimal total cost of $25 for parts, and $25 for a PCB". But in the FAQ, "Actually its not (Dude! This is cheaper than an iPod Shuffle! I'm totally going to build this!), once you buy all the parts, with shipping and buy a CF card...chances are it'll run you $100 or more and thats -assuming- you own all the tools already!"
My question is to the tallented people who have built this unit. How much did it actually cost you, not including the CF card or tools?

Student

Post by Student »

I paid $33 for a board, and if I remember correctly, $60 for enough parts for two players, so around $30 for one I guess. I also spent quite a bit of time sampling parts, many more than were noted on the BOM. So technically speaking, I spent around $63 for one Minty, but realistically, it was higher.

finster

Post by finster »

Thanks a lot for the reply. I wasn't sure I would get one at this busy time of year.
I've been eagerly awaiting information on the MiniMinty before I start deciding which project to do. Cost will be the major factor for me.

hair

Post by hair »

i'm wait for infomation on miniminty, too

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”