Says it is programmed but isn't actually working

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TheMaximumWeasel

Says it is programmed but isn't actually working

Post by TheMaximumWeasel »

ok so I am programming my pic with IC-Prog I got the update for xp and the com and all that are corectly set up when I click read the light on my programmer is lit and I get just a blank reading then when I programming it says verify failed at 0000h ! and then when I read again I get just blank, default, no code programmed on it what is wrong.

Max

Student

Post by Student »

I think I had a similar problem, and so after trying many different things, I went out and bought a USB programmer. When I hooked it up and had it verify a chip that IC-prog had said failed, it verified correctly. So your PIC may be programmer, just not verifying correctly.

TheMaximumweasel

Post by TheMaximumweasel »

what is the difference between verify and read cause whenever I read it never shows the code I programmed.

Max

Post by Guest »

Verify compares the code on the PIC to the code you loaded with IC-Prog (to verify it matches). Read just shows the code from the PIC.

TheMaximumweasel

How come it won't program the microcontroller then cause every time I read it is allways all zero's

Max

ut20xx

Post by ut20xx »

Maybe you have the cable hooked up wrong, or the cable or the PIC could be defective, or you serial port could just have issues with that programmer.

Try running the Hardware Check in IC-Prog (under the Settings menu).

TheMaximumweasel

ok I did hardware check checked all of the boxes then when I click ok it closes and nothing happens

Max

TheMaximumweasel

ok so I did a read then verify and it worked so the problem is is it won't program what could be wrong with where I soldered the wires could they be connected on accident or one of them might be switched.

Max

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”