Programming the PIC

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Student

Post by Student »

What programmer did you use?

Post by Guest »

the K128 USB programmer, got it from hobbyengineering.com

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

^ sorry that was me.

terpDriver

config registers

Post by terpDriver »

What should the values in the config registers be when programming? I can't get the programmer to successfully verify. It reports that my values in 4 of the registers don't match the buffer after writing. Should the .hex file automatically configure the registers properly when I load the file?

NTT

Pic-Key

Post by NTT »

Hey,

Has anyone tried PIC-Key?

http://home.earthlink.net/~botronics/index/pickey.html

Do you think its worth a try?

Thanks,

-NTT

Student

Post by Student »

Yea, I actually just tried it the ohter day, without success. On the other hand, I didn't try to work out any bugs, and I didn't spend much time with it, so maybe give it a try. I did however, email it's designer, and he said that he had successfully programmed a PIC18F452. Let me know how it works out for you if you do decide to make one.

Lachmann

Post by Lachmann »

Hey all, I've disregarded a few of ladyada's warnings in the project overview (i apologize, but I'm not the best at following rules) and I am starting out with little to no experience with PIC microcontrollers... I'm thinking of buying the PICSTART Plus as my programmer, and just wanted to confirm it with a few people on the boards before I placed the order w/ Microchip. Spending $200 on a progrmmer kinda nullifies the whole low-cost purpose of the project, but whatever, I'll probably end up using it for other stuff anyways. Just wanted to make sure I was getting the right piece of equipment for the job...

Thanks.

plexer

Post by plexer »

I wouldn't do it. I'd wait and see how mini minty goes. AVR's can be programmed with about $1's worth of components, and they're a lot sturdier.
Trying to make a mini minty without knowing anything about pics is probably borderline insane.

- plex

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”