Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Waiting for char
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Waiting for char

by sliverstorm on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:57 am

I am 99% done! Minty works, minty broadcasts radio... but I can't talk to minty. RX works- I can see the terminal output when it boots and when you hit the volume button- but TX doesn't seem to like me. When it says 'waiting for char' and I tap a few keys, it doesn't get them. Hyperterminal hangs, puttytel prints them but nothing happens (66 waiting for char... 66 66)

I know I got it to work a year or two ago, but I can't figure out what's wrong this time. I've rechecked all my connections on the board and they seem fine- plus, I know I can program the PIC via tinybld (if I program v1, it plays music but prints gibberish to the console. v2 works fine, and interrupted flash doesn't play music and sends gibberish)

Anyway, I've messed around w/ different settings, different drivers, different programs... I can't seem to get it to work! Anyone have input?
sliverstorm