USB mp3 player?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
turbo

USB mp3 player?

Post by turbo »

i was wonderin if it was possible to make a mp3 player like the minty mp3

but with a usb drive...

sort of like the nomad by crative.

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Do you mean one that works like a usb drive, or one that needs an external usb drive to work, like the Cruzer Micro and its Cruzer Micro MP3 Companion? Cause Minty doesn't work like that, and Limor has said the Mini Minty will work like the former one (USB Flash Drive).

turbo

Post by turbo »

how about both?

i already have a usb drive

and i was thinking of what to do it

how will the mini minty look like?

also the cruzer micro companion will be nice.

chaostic

Post by chaostic »

Mini Minty will look like whatever you want it to look like. You make it, you chose the case. The planned basic case would be a altoids mint gum tin, but you can also use it in a Eclipse gum tin if you can make it fit into the small hole, or you can buy a custom made case or what not.

And you can give me the usb drive if you don't know what to do with it.
:D

MiniMinty will use a SD card. Minty uses a CF card. You could try figuring out how to access a usb fat16/32 drive and then mod either the minty or miniminty to use that, but that would require lots of custom code (I think).

turbo

Post by turbo »

icic

im guessing making something like the cruzer micro companion is pretty hard to do...

if one were to make how hard would it be?

Robog2

Post by Robog2 »

If you find anything out about this, I would love to hear about it, as I am looking to do the same thing. If you don't mind, coud you drop me an email if you do @ robog2 [at] gmail [dot] com ? Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”